Thursday, September 17, 2015

You're up

          Hello Charlie!!!!



   This is the first time I write you. So for this first time I am going to write about the Jamboree I went to this summer.
You must ask yourself what it is. Actually, this is a scout gathering. Indeed, I am a scout and I went to this european Jamboree called You're up during one week in July, in Strasbourg.

                                                          This is the logo of the gathering.


   At You're up I met many people from several countries. It was interesting to see others scarfs that came from different places. For example, I talked a lot with a boy who lived in Martinique. There was the colours of this isle on it (this was the one I liked the most).
   We did many things like painting containers in blue for Emmaus. It was really funny!
    But who is "we"? In fact, "we" is the pronoun I chose to represent my group and the 15 000 teenagers we were. It was amazingly impressive. Especially during the evenings where we danced, sang and were at a sort of rock concert. Moreover one night we did a spiritual evening and we all had candles. Consequently when I raised my head above the candles, I saw their light as if the infinity of stars had decided to come with us. It was gorgeous.


                                                             The spiritual evening.






         


                                                                One of the evening.



     However, we had a storm that came from a tornado. It was very scary and we had to move to Strasbourg's Zenith. We were wet and cold but we were together. My group and I became like a big family and as long as we were together everything would be fine.

   
                                                               Us in the zenith.



    On the moment we were scared but now we laugh at it. As it was during the midnight that it happened we slept a bit in this room. In the morning we came back to the camp and the people who  managed You're up congratulated us because we evacuated in only one hour.
    Don't worry only a few people were hurt. Everything went fine. The next night we slept again in the show room. A big rain was supposed to fall. Actually, only three drops came to visit Strasbourg (and I counted them!!!!!!!)

        It was a pleasure to tell you this amazing story.
    Thank you very much ^^

Lisa


                                                       

1 comment:

  1. I know a lot fo people who went there and they all told me it was awesome! The storm must have been quite funny at some point... get the chance to sleep in the Zenith is not given to everyone hahaha!
    I love having a scout in OIB!!!
    Moreover, I wanted to talk to you about your future plans for next summer, i'll see you in the week Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete