Thursday, June 03, 2021

You are never Safe ...


 Hey Charlies ! I discovered this TV series Safe on Netflix and I really really loved it. Usually I don't watch thriller but this one... I was caught up in the suspense.

 

 
 

Safe is a British television drama series created by the author Harlan Coben and written by Danny Brocklehurst. In only eight episodes, we are trapped in a crime thriller in which plot twist and mystery are everywhere.

It takes place in a luxury gated community in Britain where everything seems normal and quiet, but after his teenage daughter goes missing, a widowed surgeon begins uncovering dark secrets of the people closest to him. He still grieve the loss of his wife but he doesn't lack strength and faith to search for his daughter.


After reading some articles about the series, the only thing critics remembered about Safe is “Michael C Hall’s odd and synthetic British accent” ( he is the father of the missing girl ). Indeed, they all noticed that it doesn't quite ring true because he is an American actor who speaks here with a British accent. However, it is certainly not the most interesting thing about Safe whatever they says.

 


Why should you watch Safe ?

5 things to convince you :


Suspense and plot twist ! They turns each episode in an immensely addictive mystery. Literally everyone is a suspect. Efficient suspense makes tension growing throughout each episode, clues and cliffhangers hold you all the way.


The opening credits music ! "Glitter & Gold" from Barns Courtney is the perfect accompaniment for the credits, the catchy rock song highlights how not all is as it seems in Safe. Both scary and lively ( like the series itself ) you must add it in your playlist !


Flash Back ! The all series is built on them, at the beginning of each episode, we are learning little by little what really happened that mysterious night where a party had degenerated. Each episode comes back earlier and earlier in the night. I love flash back because it makes me feel as I know something more than characters and as if I could resolve the crime on my own.


Women ! I find that women roles were quite important and each of them were very charismatic. They lead the story and their personality are realistic and complex. In addition, the two cops who take care of the case are actually two women. 


Comedy ! It could seem contradictory but despite the thriller atmosphere, British humor is still here. The best example is the comedy couple The Marshalls, ghastly and likable at the same time. I loved them because the fact they only do bad choices makes them hilarious.


 Voila

I hope it convinced you !

 

Gradiva

4 comments:

  1. OOOOhhhhh!! loved your article :) you really conviced me to watch "Safe"! Can wait to binge-watch this show this summer! But for now it's on my watch list ;) If you have any other recommendations please send them to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't usually watch tv series but u actually managed to make me want to watch this one. A great article! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing article, I definitely want to start watching it as soon as I get home. I am a huge fan of thriller and this one looks so good! Just like you I love flashbacks and to solve the crime on my own, I totally transform into Sherlock Holmes while looking at the series. I love the way you made “five things to convict” your readers to watch it, believe me it worked!

    ReplyDelete