Saturday, September 18, 2021

Playlist of my favourite sad songs

 Hi Charlie ! 

As this is my very first article on this blog I thought I would make a  short playlist as a way of introducing myself (more like introducing my music taste, but to me it tells everything one needs to know about a person ). 

So as sadness is my everyday mood (just kidding), here is a compilation of songs that make me cry nearly everytime I listen to them, so they can be beautiful, sad or simply remind me of something sad, some of them also get me emotional for no reason. I will also give some context and a quick explanation of why they touch me for most of the songs. When I don't, it is because I consider that the mere beauty of the song's lyrcis and/or melody is enough to make me cry, but it doesn't mean I appreciate them less than the others. 

Just so that you know, I cry ridiculously easily, that's why the list can seem long. ( I  have already cried because people were throwing stones at a pigeon, and it wasn't so long ago )

Btw : some songs aren't in english and can be french or japanese, sorry. 


- Angie, The Rolling Stones

This is basically my favourite song by The Rolling Stones, I love really its instrumental, its melody and the way Mick Jagger sings it is amazing and always brings tears in my eyes. 

- Flamme à Lunettes, Dionysos

This one  doesn't actually make me cry, but I still find it incredibly beautiful and touching. It is from a french  animated movie : "Jack et la Mecanique du Coeur", which I strongly recommend to you if you haven't watched it, it is really poetic and its visual content is very pretty. 









- Fuyunohanashi, Given

This song does make me cry everytime I listen to it. It is from an anime called "Given" that I really loved watching. In this anime, the song is sang in a concert by one of the main character Mafuyu and tells a very touching story. The scene in which he sings this song was really full of emotions. 



Hey Jude, the Beatles

- J'ai demandé à la lune, Indochine

I used to listen to this song a lot when I was younger so it makes me feel really nostalgic. I also love every single song from Indochine. 

- Me and my husband, Mitski

I recently discovered the incredible artist that Mistki is and ever since I can't stop listening to her songs, especially this one, which really marked me mainly because of its lyrics. 

"And I am the idiot with the painted face, 

In the corner, taking up space"

O children, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

It is once more a lovely song to listen to, and it  appears in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (p1)" during the scene in which Harry and Hermione dance together as bestfriends ( I don't want to hear anything about shipping these two it would clearly be an incest relationship ). 



 





- On Melancholy Hill, Gorillaz 

For this one it is according to me the intrumental that does everything. I mean the lyrics are also really good, but the melody simply hits different. This is one of my favourite songs from Gorillaz. 

- Over the Rainbow, Israel Kamakawivo'ole

- Scarborough Fair / Canticle, Simon and Garfunkel

- Tabidachi no Uta 3-nen E Gumi, Shoko Fujibayashi

It is the context of this song that makes me literally melt in tears everytime I hear it. Yes, it is again because it comes with a sad scene. In this case, it was the  death of a very attaching  character in Assassination Classroom ( for those who have watched it you know who it is ), but I am afraid of spoiling anyone who hasn't and wants to watch this anime until the end. 








- The Sound of Silence, Simon and Garfunkel

Washing Machine Heart, Mitski

And that's it ! I hope you enjoyed this article, it was a pleasure for me to share these great songs and cry over them again. 

Have a nice week-end ! :)

19 comments:

  1. Hey Marie!! Thank you for this great article- I can't wait to add more songs to my crying playlist. These are all so good as well, and you can see that all of the songs are personal as well. Have a nice weekend, and rock on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theo, thank you so much I'm glad we will be crying over the same songs hehe
      Have a nice week-end to !

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great selection! Can't wait to listen to those, but if I may make a recommendation in the meantime; "Young Liars" by TV On The Radio and "Mirror" or "Happy People" by Robots Don't Sleep are some really good and pretty sad songs too. (Sorry if I'm being a bit of a self-insert here haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that we have a lot of songs in common and you also made me discover some new ones that I'm going to listen to a lot. The little anecdotes you put for every song were really interesting and at the same time I could learn more about you so thank you for sharing this Marie !

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Marie! You have amazing music tastes!! Mitski songs makes me cry every time haha. thanks for sharing those songs with us! you made me discover some really great artists :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Marie! You have amazing music tastes!! Mitski songs makes me cry every time haha. thanks for sharing those songs with us! you made me discover some really great artists :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello Marie! You have amazing music tastes!! Mitski songs makes me cry every time haha. thanks for sharing those songs with us! you made me discover some really great artists :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello marie! you have amazing music tastes!! mitski songs makes me cry every time haha. thank you so much for sharing this with us, thanks to you I discovered some really great artists:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello Marie. I added all these songs to my sad playlist! I really like them and agree with your choice, I would just add "darkness" by Eminem, but otherwise I agree. Thank you for your article.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Marie what a wonderful playlist you have here, I really like your music taste!(By the way I didn't know that you watch anime??)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beatles song = good playlist. It's not very complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see Given and there's only one thing I can say. You have great taste.

    Also, if you like Mafuyu's voice you might be interested in knowing that his voice actor is part of the Paradox Live project ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

    https://paradox-live.fandom.com/wiki/Reo_Maruyama
    https://youtu.be/jddWVE14nns

    ReplyDelete
  12. Washing machine heart is such a banger! And the beat is just *chief's kiss* it just makes me feel like I'm a main character of a tragedy who is about to murder someone. Btw I love your article (and yes we believe in Gorillaz supremacy !)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Marie! You seem to have a reaaally good music taste, I'm going to add these to my playlist and give them a listen (also Jack et la mécanique du coeur is absolutely amazing, I love the soundtrack so much) (and yes, you are right, shipping Harry and Hermione is clearly wrong)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for taking the time to do a little playlist for us !I love "hey jude" and "j'ai demandé à la lune" too. Finally someone who knows that one too

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to listen to all of these and add them to my offline music! I'm so glad to know someone who knows about "Jack et la mécanique du coeur". Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your music taste all these songs are so good ! I'm so happy to see Mitski here she's one of my go-to artists when I'm sad. Talking about sad songs, you should listen to Phoebe Bridgers !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello marie:)
    I love all of these songs! they really put you in your feelings and are they nice to listen to!
    I couldn't agree more for Indochine's song and "hey Jude";)

    ReplyDelete