Saturday, June 05, 2021

Neopronouns

 

Hey charlie !!

We’re in June which means it’s pride month!! For this, here’s an article on neopronouns.


What are neopronous ?

So, neopronouns are "new" (neo) pronouns that are gender neutral. The first known set of neopronouns created are thon/thons by Charles Crozat Conserve in 1858.

 

Why would people use them when we already have she/her, he/him and they/them pronouns ?

The original puropose is for neurodivergent people who don’t always understand gender the same way neurotypical people do so they create or identify with xenogenders (= an umbrella term for gender identities which can’t be described with concepts typically used to describe gender such as masculinity, femininity, androgyny etc.). And usually neopronouns are associate with xenogenders. It can also be used by someone who just doesn’t identify with any of the three "typical" pronouns and you have to feel comfortable with your pronouns so they use them. Also, everyone, cis or not, can use neopronouns !!

 

How do you use neopronouns ?

Some people may find them hard to use but after all, they are just pronouns like any others !! For example, here’s a grid with some neopronouns with pronouns you know for reference.




I originally decided to make this article because on the internet I see a lot of people making fun of neopronouns which doesn’t make any sense why would you make fun of someone using pronouns that make them feel comfortable, it’s really dumb. Most neopronouns users are aware that these won’t be used for them at school for example or something like that, no need to tell them but it costs you nothing to use them and make someone happy !! So now, if you see someone with pronouns that aren’t “typical” maybe you’ll remember this article. 

 

(also : here’s a really interesting article on the history of pride month go check it out !)

 

Here was my article ! Hope it was clear, if you have any questions feel free, I’ll answer them. See you soon Charlie <3

 

 


9 comments:

  1. This article is super helpful ! As you rightly said, a lot of people are making fun of neopronouns on social medias, so thank you for clarifying everything.
    Happy pride month everyone ! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this article! It's super interesting for people who don't know about neopronouns, since the medias don't really talk about them :)
    Happy pride month!! 🌈

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a bit late and I know Pride Month is already over since a while but this is very instructive, and I think it's great that we actually start normalazing these new pronouns. Thank you very much !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learnt something today. Now I won't forget to use them if I'm talking to neopronouns.
    So thanks, a great article!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello ! like Marie I am a bit late but this article taught me a lot, it's so cool to share our knowledge with each other :)
    It super interesting and It's so cool to talk about this topic which is, unfortunately, very little mentioned in our society.
    byee <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you so much for these explanations ,I feel like usually people dont really explain what neopronouns are and they juste use them.So thanks again and I guess we should all start use them now to make everybody feel accepted and respected as a human being !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, thank you for this article it was really clear and helpful. I was pretty confused with neopronouns at first since it was kind of new to me, but I'm willing to learn even more about it and I hope it would be normalized in the future

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for these informations,I guess we should alll start using these to make everyone feel accepted ,respected and included in the society as a human being.
    Sad we are only starting to use neopronouns now...
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOW AM I JUST FINDING OUT ABOUT THIS ARTICLE LOVE U SO MUCH <3

    ReplyDelete