Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Les Crevettes Pailletées








Hey Charlie !

Today I'm going to talk about Les Crevettes Pailletées, which is a French film that released on the 8th of May, 2019.
It is a comedy realized by Maxime Govare and Cédric Le Gallo and that is still in cinemas.


Image result for les crevettes pailletees


I have decided to talk about to you because it is a film that has been presented at the "Festival De L'Alpe D'Huez" in 2019 and that is in the category "hors-compétition" at the famous "Festival De Cannes" now.

Let me tell you a brief summary of the film and I think about it.

A professional swimmer, Mathias Le Goff, insults a journalist of "dirty faggot" (sorrryyyy😳). So, the delagation of sports decides that he'll have to coach a gay water-polo team called "Les Crevettes Pailletées" (The Shiny Shrimps) for three months to prepare them to go to the Gay Games in Croatia.


Image result for mathias le goff
Mathias Le Goff, played by Nicolas Gob

But, Mathias Le Goff is someone that is used to train and work alone. Plus, he has an international competition in a very short amount of time. So, he has to train for himself, coach the gay team, learn to be more open-minded and to be less selfish.


Image result for les crevettes pailletees
Some members of "The Shiny Shrimps"

I really enjoyed my time at the cinema, because this film is so funny and quite touching in a way (no spoils I promise😉) and that it quite represents the fight the LGBT community leads. The trailer is not really attractive I think but the film really deserves to be seen.
It is about homosexuality and LGBT fights in a whole but not only : it also talks about disease, love, family, friendship, solidarity,...

Image result for les crevettes pailletees resume
Fred, a transsexual character

By the way, this gay waterpolo team really exists and there are some photos of them at the end of the film.

Here is the link to watch the trailer : https://youtu.be/XLRVG3H_qjI

Bye Charlie !
Amandine









4 comments:

  1. It seems very funny ! I laughed a lot when I saw the trailer.
    It is original to talk about the LBGT community in this way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ! Nice article ! I made me wanna watch this movie, because if as you say it is both funny and engaged, then that must be very cool ! Well, I'll check it out and tell you more about it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the article! You made me want to see the movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article ! I wasn't planning on watching the film because some people say it's kinda.... Anyway, now thanks to you I'll watch it ! I needed someone's opinion saying it's worth it, so thank you for that article !

    ReplyDelete