Sunday, September 30, 2018

A remastered anime by Netflix.

Hi Charlie!!!

This is my new and first post, and I am going to present to you an Anime remastered and produced by Netflix.
So, to locate you an Anime is a manga in motion, presented as a cartoon.
This anime is called "Devilman Crybaby", maybe if your parents were born between 1960 and 1975, they might remember the anime "Devilman", created by Kiyoshi Nagai also known as Go Nagai. It's the original version of this story published from 1972 to 1973.

"Devilman Crybaby" is now remastered by Netflix, published in January 2018, and introduced with a season of 10 episodes, around 25 minutes per episode, the new version is written by Ichirō ōkouchi. It is a Dark Fantasy series and story.

The story is the same from the original version:

Akira Fudo a young man, is abreast from his strange childhood friend Ryo Asuka that some demons came back to take back earth from humans, these demons manifest at some strange pseudo-Satanic parties named Sabbath. Ryo persuades Akira to come to a party and unite him with a powerful demon called "Amon". At this precise moment, Akira changes form and started to have an abnormal strength, becoming the most famous guy in his school.
Along the story, he will be helped to fight the demons by Ryo, Miki Makimura his best friend/ He lives with her since he 's a child, Miko Kuroda his running partner.
BUT there is an addition of characters that give some life,  to this story and they're a gang, The Wamu's gang, all along the series they freestyle and remember the actuality of what is going on in the city. This Gang is composed by Wamu, Gabi, Mayuta(Kukun), Babo and Hie, the five of them going to help Akira too.

This series is full of sentimental and rap/poem soundtrack which is the thing I prefer, when I say rap it is not rap with music but freestyles with a basic mouth beat (beatbox) and it is not bad at all.
Also, because the original anime is old the decors are mixed between the late 60's/70's and nowadays with futuristic gadgets and it is a masterpiece for me.

I cannot make a comparaison of the two versions simply because I haven't watched the older one yet.

I wish you will watch it and enjoy it, and even if you do not like mangas I highly recommend it to you.


    "Deviman Crybaby" 2018



Gabriel B.

5 comments:

  1. Devilman crybaby is just one of my favourite showes, I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already heard about this anime but I didn’t know if I would watch it or not, but your article convinced me! As soon as I start watching it I will tell you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always reticent when I see animes produced by Netflix, I feel like I can't really trust them (and not only animes, but also movies and series). I only watched "Children of the Whales", which was beautiful by the way. Your article convinced me to try and watch this one, I'll try to find some time to do so !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going on the netflix hashtag I was absolutely not expecting to see an article about devilman crybaby but I'm so glad to have found it! I watched it during the lockdown with a friend ( on netflix party, don't worry I was at home during all the quarantine) and it was amazing. A lot of people have recommended this anime to me saying it was sad and well.. IT IS. It's one of the saddest thing I've ever seen, the ending really broke me. I loved the graphism it's not something we often see. Thanks for talking about this!

    ReplyDelete