Friday, November 21, 2014

Film adaptations


http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/einstein/lrk-hand-maze.html

Dear Charlie, I wanted to share something with you.

Some books are adapted in films, you know that right ? Well, recently, I saw the film of the first book of the Maze Runner series, and after watching it, I remembered that a friend of mine, Sarah, talked to me about the books at the beginning of the Seconde. I then asked her to lend me the books, which she sweetly did. 
And, you know, even if I already knew the ending of the story of that first part, I was so thrilled while reading it and I finished it in less than 2 days. Actually, I was that thrilled because lots of things that happened in the book were not in the movie, or events were not the same; and it changed the plot completely! 
For example, I don’t know if you saw the film (Le Labyrinthe in french), but in the movie, people get attacked by what they call “Grievers” in one night and a lot of people get killed, whereas in the book, the Grievers only kill one person by night in the book (sorry for spoiling). That’s just a small detail but it is something really important for the rest of the story, which was different in the film.
So, basically what I want to say is, that I think it’s a shame books get adapted in films when they’re not really “adapted”, they are kind of remade! I understand that it would be too long to put every detail in the film but I mean at least the director should try to follow the story. I’m not trying to criticize the film, because I saw it and it was great but the book was AWESOME.

Anyways, have a nice weekend Charlie.

Bye, Alicia x

4 comments:

  1. I started reading your article but unfortunately I had to stop. I watched the movie few weeks ago (which I really liked) so I deacided to read the book too! I am not going to let you spoil me haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. (It's Tiphaine) Alicia, nice article. I saw the film and I thought it was really great, however I haven't read the books yet, but I'll ask Sarah to lend them to me one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Elea I know but I had to prove my point by explaining some events that were different in the book and in the film ! Hope you'll finish my article when you finish the books :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I converted everyone to the 'The Maze Runner' love !

    ReplyDelete