Sunday, September 19, 2021

One of my favourite comics 


Hello !  
For my first blog I would like to write about one of my favourite comic, "Le bleu est une couleur chaude" by Julie Maroh which has been adapted in a movie in 2013 : "la vie d'Adèle". This is a French comic I'm sorry, but it's so fascinating that i had to share it with you :) !!


 




 

 

 

What is this comic about ? 



This comic is about a high school student named Clémentine who, at first sight, fell in love with Emma. At the beginning she'll deny the fact that she really likes her but it will change with the time. It's a story where you can follow the evolution of the way of thinking of the characters. In that way we can totally live and be caught up in this story. 
It may sound a bit classic but It's way more than that.

In this comic board, we can see the two girls looking at each other fort the first time. Emma is the blue haired girl.

 



why this comic is one of my favorites?




First of all, the illustrations are beautiful:

They are realistic and, I think you understood it but, the blue has a major place in the comic. This is one of the only color that appears in the whole book. I really like the contrast and the effect that it creates.


Secondly, this book is full of passion and desire: 

If there should be a representation of the desire It would be this comic. The words, the glances, the bodies. I feel like this is a masterpiece mixing colors and emotions. This book is so true and sweet


● Thirdly, there are lots of subjects approached:

Moreover, this incredible comic makes you think about social classes, incomprehension and rejection of others, but also the affirmation of sorrow and love passion. It also makes you think about how strong it is to grow and to be confident in a society where homophobia is still very present.


Finally, this comic totally messed me up:

I hardly ever cry at the end of the movies or books I watch. But this comic has totally shocked me. It's not extremely sad but it's so beautiful that it makes you drop a little tear at the end. And that's the kind of book that, when you finished them, you say to yourself "wow, that was amazing" and then you walk down the street thinking about life.




Here it is ! I hope you like this blog and that I made you want to read it :)
If you want to read it I can lend it to you!

Do not hesitate to give me your opinion I want to know everything: D

I end this blog with this quote : 

"My angel of blue, Blue of the sky, Blue of the rivers, Source of life ..."


Byye Charlie <3

4 comments:

  1. Hi!
    If you have it can you lend it to me sometime ?
    It seems really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still haven't lend it to me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helloooo Anouk, you already mentioned this comic to me and the way you talked about it really made me want to read it and it's the same thing with this article! I hope you could lend it to me soon, I'm sure that I'll love it! Thanks for sharing this comic with us by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Anouk!
    Thank for your article ! This comic book seems really good:)
    could you lend it to me please:) I would definitely like to read it!

    ReplyDelete