Saturday, June 05, 2021

My first poem ever :)

 

Hey Charlie! Recently (like a months ago, OIB time) we had an assignment with mrs. C. It was a creative writing on Raisin in the sun and we had to make our own poem. So, like I wanted to share my poem, I thought that posting it on Charlie would be a good idea :)!

It’s a bit long (sorry), but I put a lot of time and research into this poem. Hope you enjoy

 

THE WINGED FLOWER

A new life always comes with a flower

Because trust blinds the ego of selfishness.

The loyalty and recognition shines around the keeper

Of the plant, which shows its uniqueness.

The sameness of some leaves reveals a true bond,

That wasn’t always present.

Like other’s ideas we weren’t really fond

Of, but we stay united, unlike thorns that stabs us because of our investment.

Near us is some change made by the factory.

But don’t be fooled by some green paper,

Or it might change you into a statue of silver.

And the wealth you gained will manifest your gluttony.

The ravenousness of our petals made us lose our colour.

Like the sun goes away little by little every hour.

Greed currently ruins the blossoming of our body,

Just like a leak in the pot in which the water runs out in disloyalty.

So, we get tangled up in our disagreements

And Judas kiss dries us up

Like a raisin in the sun.

 

Instantly, bad blood runs through our veins now and blocks the disentanglement.

Even though we are stuck together,

We still share the same wish, which was just an illusion,

Because the thorn was right there and grows on segregation.

Which was unfair and against the achievement of our vision.

As we were hoping that this nightmare would vanish,

The prick kept growing closer and closer, and left us paralysed with fear.

But the bias thoughts were so strong, that our keeper removed it whit a “snip”

And gave us our dream back as we blossom and cheer.

Like faith, our desire was shining, and our colours regained our petals that was contained.

The brightness of our petals reached the lain and grabbed our hope which was aimed.

We expected nothing more than a slight illumination,

But what we saw that day was even better than our expectation.

My fragile body saw a yellow circle,

Telling me to extend my colour to his halo.

It was the light of my angel.

 

So, that was my poem! Hope you’ve enjoyed reading it :)

Feel free to leave a comment and share your thoughts about my poem!

Thank you <3


8 comments:

  1. WELL HELL ! that was a good one, bravo, gg , and all the congratulations I could give !
    If I may, the stanzas around plants and this general idea really made me think of the great bits of wisdom that were given to us by Taliesin Jaffe when he played Caduceus in a little web series... so if you don't mind me giving spreading an extract of his little talk around destiny : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q841Qb30sBg
    AND YES IT IS CRITICAL ROLE AND RP BUT LET ME HAVE MY REFERENCES OKAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh waw for your first poem ever you nailed it ! It’s a really powerful poem in my opinion and I think you should try to write more if you feel like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh waw for your first poem ever you nailed it ! It’s a really powerful poem in my opinion and I think you should try to write more if you feel like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, you totally nailed it it's really beautiful, congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a first poem it's amazing! You're really talented, there is a rich vocabulary which I personally think makes it really elegant. You even did rhymes and by experience it can be really hard so I find it wonderful that you manage to do some! Also I think you used metaphors (tell me if I'm wrong) but if you did it gives a lot of content. I hope that you're in the poetry club :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is your first poem, it is really good and I really like the fact that all the capital letters spell the word ANGEL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waw!! as the other comments told you it is beautiful! By using rich vocabulary, a rhyming scheme and the fact that you put a lot of effort makes it even more exquisite:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowww. Great first poet! I really loved it and found it very emotional. Congratulations. I really loved all of it. Continue !

    ReplyDelete