Monday, May 17, 2021

it's bimbo time again

i usually feel bad caring so much about aesthetics and superficial hyperfeminine stuff but you know what? this is just internalised misoginy and cringe culture and i can do whatever i want, here are my favourite aesthetics and subcultures that i want to dress like but cannot afford

first of all, here are my favourite features of fashion in general regardless of subculture:

-i am not that comfortable wearing light or bright colours so black and dark colours are my favourite, although pops of bright colour in a black outfit or a beautiful pastel gown are sometimes cool too

-SILHOUETTE SILHOUETTE SILHOUETTE, i love a dramatic, contrasted silhouette, a loose shirt tucked into slim waisted pants, a very poofy skirt with a tight shirt, crinolines and petticoats, 1870s corsets... what i mean is a structured outfit with a cinched waist is is always the way to go for me

-layers babey, whether its wearing a jean jacket over a flannel over a tee shirt over another shirt, or it's a cape over an overskirt over an underskirt over a petticoat over a crinoline. everything for the drama and extravanganza(and maybe a bit too much warmth)


now for the actual styles:


kinderwhore and tradgoth: i listen to a bit of riot grrrl but no goth music so DONT CALL ME A POSER I NEVER CLAIMED TO BE GOTH. i grouped these two subcultures/aesthetics together even though they arent that connected since i like them in a way that overlaps a bit(i didnt find pictures of people mixing the two fashions tho) i love edgy hyperfemininity and my whole aesthetic is based on watching beetlejuice when i was like 7 years old and choosing to base my personality on lydia deetz



scenecore, mallgoth and emo fashion: yes i know the word scenecore is annoying but i prefer the modern scenecore aesthetic to real scene so just ignore it. anyways, i have been an obnoxious emo since middle school and even though im not really a band fan anymore my aesthetic is still tainted by years worshipping my chemical romance and icon for hire


ok these few aesthetics seem lowkey coherent so now for the one that doesnt make sense, 1740s-1880s historical/historically inspired fashion: yeah, i dont know why but somehow my style icons both include siouxsie sioux and madame de pompadour. you might have already heard about my obsession with historical dress if you read my last post. sometimes you don't wanna be edgy and quirky, sometimes you just wanna pretend to be a rich lady in a very racist and classist era (even more than this classist and racist era)


wow that was a lot of pictures and i havent even mentionned all of my style inspirations like classic and goth lolita, vintage clowns, dark academia, cottagecore, goblincore... so here's my fashion pinterest board for that. but this is already a lot so
thank you so much if you bothered to read this to the end :^). oh yeah and make sure to tell me about your personal favourite fashions im genuinely interested in that let's be bimbos together

(btw i am saying bimbo as a gender neutral thing, not necessarily a woman but anyone who is into fashion and aesthetics and at least a little bit stupid)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez you're really powerful, yet again didn't expect this article when I read the title hahaa each time it's a beautiful surprise

    Thanks for making learn a lot about these styles, I always saw them in a very cliché way in a movie but it's nice to learn the real purpose and meaning behind them. Great one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. god I wish I could find clothes like that!

    ReplyDelete