Monday, May 17, 2021

all of my favourite things

i've basically got a month left of school so it should be too late for an "about me" post but every post i've made on here is just me talking about stuff im interested in that noone cares about so here we go again i guess, here's the things i like most and have based my stupid little personality on


movies and shows (what are we but social meatbags who love creating stuff and enjoying stuff other meatbags have created)


wow guys your love interest looks gnc af

i kinda just turn my brain off while enjoying movies and shows so this is more: stuff i haven't thought critically about but is nice to watch on repeat.

"i am not okay with this" is my number one favourite show, i am simply obsessed with this angsty lesbian superhero and her daddy issues. dina is perfect, so is goob, banana wigglesworth deserved better. im never really a fan of "save the world" superhero stories so this is just some clueless high schooler with comphet learning about her new superpowers, her feelings and her father and occasionally wrecking stuff. also the music is great and i'm heartbroken by the fact netflix cancelled it





on the subject of sapphics with daddy issues and superpowers, i've also rewatched the stakes miniseries from adventure time an unhealthy amount of times. i am obsessed with marcy and pb because im a cliché and this miniseries is just heaven to me. marceline angst, vampires, cute bubbline content, what's not to love



the movie i've watched the most times is kill your darlings because dark academia owns me even though i barely know how to read, i have nothing specific to say about it other than cool vibes, great aesthetic, maybe too many turtlenecks

Other media that lives rent free in my mind but i haven't watched as many times are: but i’m a cheerleader, the craft, gravity falls, the haunting of bly manor, heathers (i prefer the movie but the musical has some great songs), spies are forever, the owl house, coraline...


Youtubers (my screentime is so long please help)


silence is scary so whatever im doing there is almost always a video playing in the background so here are the people i like watching to pretend my life doesnt exist

teia aka strange aeons caused my personality, she's the reason i have a tumblr, she made me like furbies and goblincore/crowcore, blame her for how obnoxious i am. her videos are nothing but slightly cursed fun and internet brainrot and are peak escapism for me

okay philosophy tube is actually a channel that doesnt just distract me from reality but is instructive??? me?? using my braincell? it's more likely than you think. anyways abigail is probably my favourite youtuber ever i love both the content and form of her videos. she talks about philosophy (obviously), politics, social issues, her experiences with abuse... all that in a fun way and in extravagant costumes

ok i've only watched cj the x for a couple of weeks but they're one of my favourite content creators. i love watching media analysis/commentary and especially love theirs and i have not much to say about him except go watch his videos i swear they're better than i can explain with my stupid lil brain

once again other stuff that lives rent free in my life but i dont watch as much is: curio, drawfee, veridis joe, nicholas black, contrapoints, sidney lavin, khadidja mbowe, amazing phil (father forgive me for i have been a phannie), ris igrec, thoughtslime, and many more people i cannot remember right now


aesthetics+random internet stuff (i didn't choose tumblr communities they chose me and won't leave me alone no matter how much i beg they keep following in the streets and following me in my dreams i see them stand at the end of my bed every night as they watch me sob and tremble this is a cry for help)


should i base most of my personality on a website that peaked in 2014 known for toxic fandom behaviour, dashcon and bullying john green (and more recently the tramp stamps) off the platform? probably not but oh well




clowncore/kidcore: 
is it contradictory that i dont feel comfortable wearing colour but love kidcore? yeah probably. but it's really fun and makes me really happy (the 3rd picture is aneurcyst on instagram and tumblr)



emo/scemo/scenecore:

this kind of hurts my eyes but i love it so much, it intersects a bit with webcore, 2000s aesthetics and cringecore and the part of my soul that was obsessed with icon for hire cannot get enough of it ( the vocaloid drawing is from ghost--towne on tumblr)


dark academia and cottagecore:

once again my aesthetics are contradictory but it's fine. dark academia is very pretentious but sometimes you just gotta look at pretty pictures of libraries accompanied by oscar wilde quotes and pretend you have braincells. also cottagecore is just peak escapism and those two aesthetics sometimes overlap so im grouping them together


furblr:

this isn't really an aesthetic, more just a really fun community of of people who own or make cute and sometimes slightly cursed custom furbies. it kinda overlaps with kidcore and cringecore and as far as i know the community is pretty wholesome and doesnt have too many issues. the most famous custom furbies are long furbies and of course i plan to make one myself :)


goblincore/crowcore:

finally, my true community, the one that represents my whole soul, i just, this is my favourite aesthetic it's so fun and chaotic and stupid. crowcore is based around being a stupid little edgy bird who picks up shiny things on the ground and screams at the moon. goblincore is kinda the same thing but add a whole layer of moss and mushrooms on everything, also froggie



anyways thank you so much if you read all that, you probably didnt but it's still fun to be able to talk about all my favourite things without feeling guilty about annoying people with my excited rambling. tell me if you share any of my interests i'd love to talk about them a bit more (also at first there was also a section about my fave fashion but it was so long i just made it its own blog post)

3 comments:

  1. Ah my fellow goblin enthusiast! share pictures of your hoard next time, and we all gotta love them crystals, and you got quite a nice collection of those shinies !

    Aaaanyyway, love the article and its about time somebody gave us a talk about aesthetics !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes maybe i should show my hoard hehehe, i counted them and i have at least 90 shiny rocks

      Delete
  2. Funny how it took me 3 years to finally get to know some of your favourite things from an article blog haha but I still loved it ! Btw I thought this was going to be a julie Andrews blog when I read the title haha

    ReplyDelete