Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Hamilton


Hey! Sooo... Today, I want to write an article about the musical Hamilton. This musical was written by Lin-Manuel Miranda, and was played for the first time during febrary 2015. This musical has two acts for 48 songs, all writen by Lin-Manuel Miranda. 


Résultat de recherche d'images pour "lin manuel miranda hamilton"


The reason I appreciate the musical so much is, first, because I like the musics, but I also like all I learnt in this musical, that, even if it took some artistic licence, still teaches in a very true way the story of the life of one of the US's founding fathers: Alexander Hamilton. 

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "alexander hamilton"

The story begins in 1776 in New Yorck City, when Alexander meets Aaron Burr. First, here is the story of Alexander: his mother was a prostitute, his father left , leaving depts behind him, his mother died when he was ten, his cousin who had adopted him committed suicide, and when things finally began to get better, a hurricane came and destroyed his island. Bellow is the song that explains it to us. 





I also really apreciate this musical, because not only it is very intresting, but also every character has his or her own personality.
Also, my favourite songs in this musical are "Satisfied", because I really enjoy how the singer of Angelica sings, puting power in her voice,




"Wait for it", because I really like the way Aaron Burr showshow angry and jealous of Hamilton he is,




and, finally, "Guns and ships", because I love Lafayette.




More then that, the company is very involved in good causes, as they show in the song: imigrants: we get the job done.




Finally, if I got you interested in this musical, you can go on youtube and type "Hamilton full", and you will find the entire play made with animatics.

3 comments:

  1. Yeeeah, we stan hamiltrash, I'm so glad I've converted you to being musical theater trash. Too bad you didn't mention lams though

    ReplyDelete
  2. My flatmate couldn't shut up about this musical, and seeing it here makes me think that I have been cursed by some kind of entity that really wants me to go and see it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy someone talked about this masterpiece-
    A big thanks to you, because more people need to hear about this musical >:(
    It is very interesting history-wise so it's saddening to see that most don't know about it :'(
    Regardless, your article is really good, and showing some animatics (You chose great ones, btw) really helps with getting interested in it :D
    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete