Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The big city: a new way of life

    Here is a picture of the Color Run in Marseille : F U N

Hey everybody!

Today I am going to write about how it is to live in a city. Indeed, I have always lived in tiny villages until this year when I moved right in the middle of Marseille.
First of all, you have to know that I love it! Being able to go out when I need something and to be near eveything is just great. I didn't live in many places before then. When I was a child, I used to live in a village with only 253 inhabitants and then I moved to a 1500 one and now, living in one of the biggest city of France is a big change for me.
It has so many advantages. For example, there is public transportation so I can be independent. I used to be forced to ride my bike to the village next to mine in order to go to take a bus and be able to go to the city. I love taking the metro, the tramway or the bus because I see new people. Marseille is a great city to live in because there are MANY different cultures. People from all around the world are here and since I love learning about other cultures, it is very impressive for me. I love going in the little street and go in ethnic shops or try foreign foods. Everything is close and practical. Being able to wake up at 6.45 every morning is also great because I ony need 10 minutes to go to school. Before I woke up at 5.50 and my school was 40 minutes for away by bus. I also love the fact that I can stay outside after school with my friends or not be stressed about missing my bus to go home. I often go walking in the city center to shop or just look around after school. It is my only free time so I enjoy it a lot. Marseille is also great because, as you know, it is very sunny but it is also a city on the sea. The harbor is very pretty and jogging all along the Corniche is so beautiful.
Now that I live here, I can also go to many concerts and festivals without being afraid of how to go home because I just need to walk a bit and my home is there! I can also go to the movie theater or look at showings or attend conferences. There are many activities that are usually impossible in the small town. For instance, I now practice African Dance once a week and you cant guess that it would be impossible to practice such a special type of dance in regular towns.
To sum it up, I want to say that my life here is great, it's always fun! I love living in the city and I recommand it to all the students because there are many opportunities and even when one misses the countryside, one can go back home to see their parents who are always glad to see you again.

                                    
                               

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to move in the city center too but I think I would miss the tranquility and the nature I have in Roquevaire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I moved to Roquevaire, I would miss being able to do something with my life. I could enjoy the tranquility. All day. And nothing else of what life has to offer. I totally agree with Celine, it is great to be in a city with things to do and everything near me.

      Delete