Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Divinity Original Sin 2

Sooooo, Charlie, I never really thought about doing a post about a videogame but then I just thought...

Why not?

So, 

✦DIVINITY 2✦



I/What is it?

Divinity is a rpg videogame developped by Larian Studios. You can play it on PS4, Computer (Windows or Mac), Nintendo Switch or Xbox One. It is actually,as its name suggests, the second game of the series Divinity, but as I never played the first one, I can not say much about it :/

The game sets in Rivellon, a fantasy place where you can finds human-lizards, elves, dwarves, humans,skeletons and other strange creatures... But a strong power is actually  scaring people with high power in Rivellon : The Source. It is a magic which very few can control...But some heroes, they can, and they will, to reach divinity, because they aren't simple sourcerers. They are Godwoken.

Of course, these heroesw ill be you :P

But now, you may say "Okay Marine, we have understood but this is so basic, I've played so much RPG like this one" Tututu! No, Divinity is special, and I will prove it to you by giving you 5 reasons.


II/ Why do I like it?

1- It's multiplayer !


You may not like playing with someone else, but I personnally play a lot of videogames with my father, so this was the perfect opportunity ! There is a local, and online mode which allows you to play with your family or your friends, and it is amazing ! Of course, you can also play on your own, but it's a rare thing for RPG to be multiplayer, so you might as well enjoy it 

2- The character creation is amazing!


At the beginning of the game, you may choose between creating your own character or choosing a preexisting one. In both cases, it is amazing! For the complete creation, you really have a lot of choices and you can even choose your instruments, that will be played at several key-moments of the game. Concerning the preexisting characters, they are also amazing. Even if you choose to create your own, the preexisting characters can become your companions after the start of the game. They really have their own story, their faults, and their strengths. They also all have a strong personnallity and all have a purpose... that you will have to achieve through quests!


3-Combat system



I see you're feeling interested by the game, aren't you ? Oh but you feel you can't play it because you're rubbish in Skyrim fights? Forget about it. The combat system here is turn-based, which some may not like, but for me it's much more entertaining to have more strategy-based fights. But you can also like both ! And enjoy both! Because everything is cool! Yay!


4-It's absolutely gorgeous...

I know this is the case for many RPGs, but I truly think Divinity 2 is MAGNIFICENT, I mean, just look at these landscapes...


4-(bis)... and the music is absolutely enchanting
Not only some music played are special considering the instruments you chose at the beginning of the game, but it is... WOW I LOVE IT.
(You can also use it for some of your dnd campaigns, yes, I'm looking at you, Nelwin)




5-You can make choices

Even if I think the choices don't have a huuuuuugee impact on the story, you can really choose what kind of hero you want to be. These choices are even more interesting if you have companions, or if you play a pre-existing character, because you will really follow their story, and choose how you want to achieve their goals.


Also, as you can select your traits at the beginning of the adventure, the answer to some dialogue with NPCs may have something to do with what you are. (for example, I chose the jester trait and I often have funny scene showing up, I love this trait :P )





Here you go! Now, what are you doing? GO BUY IT! AND PLAYYYYY

6 comments:

  1. I mean a lot of its advantages because it is based onto (and made) by a company that does tabletop rpg. SO if you're affraid of getting into tabletop it could be a start because in tabletop rpgs
    - strategy ? check (it even became a problem because there are too many min-maxers)
    - choice ? Check (you talk to a human being you can describe anything)
    - visuals ? check (it's your mind, AKA the best possible type of visual because you just need to imagine it)
    - multiplayer ? Check (you're obligated to do it with at least 2 people otherwise you are writing a book or daydreaming)
    - Character creation ? YOU BET (once again its in your mind and its even the point of the game write the story of YOUR character)

    All in all, play TTRPG and play divinity too because its almost just as great. I mean this company is well known for Divinity and BALDUR'S GATE OF ALL THINGS. Literally the DND videogame officil and made by Wizard's of the Coast. (divinity is dnd like universe but not official)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS I mean you did not have to convince me to play DnD I'm already DYING to do so ;)

      Delete
    2. Alsoo ! It is not fully DND like as halflings do not exist in Divinity. But I guess you could say they don't exist in every world ;)

      Delete
    3. I mean halflings are basically hobbits (funfact they got sued because atfirst it WAS named halflings)

      Delete
    4. Yes but there is no hobbits in Divinity ;) At least not in the second

      Delete
  2. This looks great! I've been looking for a fantasy gale to play so I'll definitely be buying this game soon, the graphics look amazing.

    ReplyDelete