Sunday, May 01, 2016

An Indie videogame : Fran Bow


Hello everybody ! Today I am going to present a game called Fran Bow.


It might not be as famous as games such as Call of Duty or GTA, but it sure is better. And I'm telling you that, while I love driving over grandmas with a car in GTA. (Not in real life. It's not really nice.)

It was developped by Killmonday Games and it is "An intense story of pain, loss and acceptance".
It is a creepy point-n-click adventure game about a little girl named Fran, whose parents died to very mysterious shadows. However, nobody believes her story, and she ends up in a mental hospital.
It is unsure whether she actually suffers from a mental disorder or not, but one thing is 100% sure : her new medicine helps her see the world of shadows.
But Fran is a stubborn little girl, and she decides not to stay in the Oswald Asylum. Her goal throughout the game will be to find her cat, Mr Midnight, who is nowhere to be found, and go back home to live with her Aunt Grace, who is her only family left.


The reason I'm telling you about this game is simple : it is great.
I personally think the graphics are really pretty, plus the story is very interesting. There are many different parts in the game, it really is not repetitive and always surprising.
It is a "creepy"and "mature" game, so there are many mentions of child abuse and such, and a lot of blood, so you got to be prepared. But there is no actual violence in the gameplay.

You can see the official trailer and play the demo for free on the official wesbite.
One other great thing about this game is all the fanart there is, so if you like going through drawings, cosplays, and such, you might just love this fandom.
Now on a last note, I want to share with you an amazing song about Fran Bow from the channel RandomEncounters that you will love too once you get into the game.



Well, I hope many of you will at least play the demo, and like the game !
If you do not have the money to buy the game, don't worry, Youtubers have played it. For example, you could watch Markiplier's let's play !
See you soon !

4 comments:

  1. I can't think of any valuable or constructive and subjective comment so I'm just going to be a fanboy and say that this game is absolutely amazing and that all of you should check it out! Also the YOutube Channel that Dana just showed you is really cool and features a ton of great songs about different games that we all know and presumably love. So yeah, thank you Dana for making this article, it was really neat and i hope you make more like this one ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard about it... but this is typically the kind of things that put me into a corner of my bedroom, crying because I'm scared. But this looks really fantastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, it is not that scary. It's mostly just creepy. It's too bad you never heard about it, because it is really great ! I think it should be more famous.

      Delete
  3. I won't lie, I probably won't try it myself, being able to be traumatized by any type of things supposed to be “kind of creepy”, I got scared with a scene of Scary Movie…
    Otherwise this game seems to have a researched background story and as I really like observing graphics it might be interesting to check out the trailer, and if I feel brave enough; the gameplay you suggested ;)

    ReplyDelete