Tuesday, September 15, 2015

It's Aaaadventure Time!



Ladies and Gentlemen, Dwarves and Elves, today is a great day my friends! Why? because a new club is born, all hail to the new king!

More seriously, let me explain what's going on. A week ago, I and a classmate (Julien) knew that we both have a common passion: Role-Playing. And so, we thought that creating a new club will be an interesting thing to do, to first share our passion, and second to create another club in English.

But at this rate Charlie, you may ask me "But my good sir, what in hell is this thing?". And this is an excellent question!

So, you may already have heard of games called Dungeons&Dragons or Warhammer 4000. Those games can be identified as "Role-Playing Games" (RPG). Generally, RPGs are considered as video games' ancestors. the princip is simple: players are playing an adventure created by a Game Master (GM), and they got to slove enigmas, quests, and defeated various monsters. Also, you'll have to interact with non player characters (NPC) to obtain informations, quests, or even favours from them to obtain better equipments!

In order to make you understand how this kind of games work, i strongly recommand you a serie of videos called "Aventures" by the Joueur du Grenier (I'm sorry, I didn't find an English equivalent). It's pretty much the same thing that we are going to do.

So, to put in a nutshell, you are pretty much going to play an advanced board game, where you'll evoluate in a medieval universe, defating trolls and dragons, saving widows and orphans, and accomplish many quests to become a Pokemon master!

So yeah... This is a kind of  "nerdy and geeky" kind of games, but it's actually really fun! :D

For the moment, the club will set on Friday afternoon, from 4.30 to 6 (yes, I'm completly sorry, but we don't have any alternative, the lunch breaks are too short. Well, at least we could do it on Wednesday  afternoon, but I'm not sure it will be better).

The club don't require particular personal work, but as a player (if you're interested) you'll have to do 2 things: First, create your character (I and Julien, your game masters, are here to help you ;)), second, being regular. We still didn't set exactly when we are going to meet, but we guess every one/two week(s) will be perfect, because it takes A LOT of time. And if you're getting engaged in, we're asking you to be as regular as possible.

So, if you have any questions, if you want to join the club, if you want other informations, please send us an email at the following adress: rpsaintcharles@gmail.com.

Have a good day, and may the Force be with you my friends!





Kellian, Game Master and Metal Head

5 comments:

  1. Noooo ! I finish at 5:30 on Fridays D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad D: I'm really sorry, I really hoped we could have better schedule to set the club but no... Well, if you want, I can't manage to organise a game at another moment (not obligatory during school time)

      Delete
    2. As much as I'd love this to be a thing, I'm pretty sure it's not really manageable : I finish late most days and when I don't I have other obligations, as for the weekend, coordination would be difficult too... the only way this could be solved would be by giving me a time turner ^^'

      Delete
    3. I'd rather have my own, and anyways she gave hers back years ago and isn't working in the right department at the ministry to be allowed to give me one (although she could have contacts there, I doubt that but I'll have a look into it)

      Delete