Monday, September 25, 2023

My Experience : the making of a song

 

Hi Charlie ! Today I'm going to talk about my experience of creating a song from the beginning to the end.

Last year, I had the chance, with my class, to participate in a project : creating a song, writing the lyrics then record it in a studio. The project started at the end of 2022 when two professionals came to talk to us about the project.

Since songwriting and singing are one of my hobbies, from the start, I loved this project and was very excited.

The song we had to make had to talk about a particular cause and that's why we first started by choosing the theme. Not everyone was of the same opinion which made the choice complicated, but we ended up choosing racism.

The process was fun, instead of doing lessons like other classes we talked about the song and its lyrics.

In the beginning of the year, we had finished writing the lyrics for the song and decided on how the song will be structured. We went to record it in a studio in Aix-en-Provence.


(This is the studio I'm talking about)


 All morning the man spoke to us about the history of the building while giving us a tour and it was only after we ate that we started recording the song in groups. My group was responsible for recording the bridge which is in spanish and english.

When everyone finished recording, we had the right to listen to a band (I'm not sure) in the middle of composing a song, they are so talented ! After that, we left the studio and in June, we got the result of the song. Not everyone in my class had the same opinion as me but I think that the result came out great, especially for our first time. And I hope it won't be the last time I make a song. 

Thank you for reading my article !

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sofia! This is such a cool experience to hear about, especially from someone who was directly involved in it all. The making of a song isn't a process we usually get to know a lot about, so reading this article was very cool.

    ReplyDelete