Monday, September 25, 2023

✩ Movie recommendation : The Nightmare Before Christmas ✩


✩ The Nightmare Before Christmas ✩

Hi Charlie! In honor of Halloween (35 days) and Christmas (91 days) (that is just an excuse to share with you this wonderful movie..) I will be sharing with you my favorite movie that I watch on both of these special occasions. Before you start reading, I want you to know that I'm not writing the full story. I'm only writing the start of the story and why you should watch it. I'm basically giving you a recommendation, not a review! Also, this is my first ever movie recommendation, so I'm sorry if it's a bit weird or incomplete, I'll try my best to improve! Anyways, enjoy my wayyyy too long blog article on the masterpeice that is "The Nightmare Before Christmas"!

✩ Introduction┊ ˚➶ 。˚

Let's start off with the "boring" information before moving onto the story! "The Nightmare Before Christmas is a 1993 disney stop-motion animation directed by Henry Selick, (Yes, the one who also directed another amazing stop-motion animation "Coraline".) and originally written by Tim Burton.

Tim Burton actually wrote "The Nightmare Before Christmas" as a poem in 1982 before it finally became the animated movie that we know and love today. 

You can listen to the original poem narrated by Christopher Lee here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbPCwc_Cdz0


✩The Storyline┊ ˚➶ 。˚

For those who don't know the amazing movie that is "The Nightmare Before Christmas", let me give you a synopsis that will hopefully make you want to watch this amazing movie! 

The story starts like this.. In a secluded town that is named "Halloween Town", we meet our main character, Jack Skellington, who is a living skeleton ; Sally, who is a living ragdoll and the rest of the town's residents who are all monsters from different popular fairytales like witches, mummys, vampires... 

Sally 
Some of Halloween Town's people...✩ 

In this Halloween Town, everyone works to get ready for the Halloween holidays, with Jack Skellington being some sort of leader. But one day, during the preparation for the Halloween holidays, Jack suddenly feels bored of having to always prepare for the only holiday they always prepare for : Halloween. 

So, Jack decides to take a quick stroll in the woods of Halloween Town, before stumbling on 7 odd looking trees, which were actually doors. And each door is shaped like a traditional holiday item. These doors will actually lead to 7 different towns with each tree/door representing different holidays : Halloween, Easter, Thanksgiving, Independence Day, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's day and... Christmas.






Jack, obviously intrigued, will enter the Christmas door and will discover Christmas Town. A town where everyone prepares for  their only holiday, Christmas. Once leaving Christmas Town after visiting it, he will come back to Halloween Town and decide that he wants to prepare for Christmas. Except nothing goes as planned and even Sally tries to persuade him into not creating his own "Christmas" holiday because of a bad gut feeling...


How will Jack prepare for Christmas when he has never done it before, how will Sally intervene to stop Jack and his not so good idea and what is going to happen next?... You will only know if you decide to watch it!


✩ Why should you watch it?┊ ˚➶ 。˚

We're now moving onto our last section.. WHY SHOULD YOU WATCH THIS AMAZING, PERFECT, BEAUTIFUL MOVIE?... Hmmm....

- Well, first of all, as I said in the beginning, it's my first time writing a sort of résumé which means that it's probably not good and definitely does not do the movie justice. So if you want to see what the movie is REALLY like, you should go and watch it right now! 

- Secondly, this movie has amazing visuals. You can pause literally any scene and there'll be a lot to analyze and look at. Also, the clay-ish sort of style the film has is very unique! Please take a look at the opening scene of the movie to see what I'm talking about. It's visuals and unique style is undeniable, indescribable and quite eerie/creepy (especially during the opening scene)! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8NeYGphFyk

- Thirdly, THE MUSIC!!! It wouldn't be a Disney animation if there weren't any songs. The music in this movie are either fun and catchy, or gloomy but in a good way. Here's my favorite one from the film "Sally's Song". It's very raw in emotion, I just love it, I wish it were longer! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rivTGBzBMM 

- And lastly, to conclude this way too long blog, the people worked really hard on this movie, so why not watch it? I mean, you're already reading this blog, might aswell just watch it and see the masterpiece that this movie is for yourself!

Anyways.. That's all I have to say. Thanks for reading and I'll see you soon!
Bye Charlie! ✩

3 comments:

  1. Wow thanks for the great article !!! :D I somehow managed to not watch this movie despite hearing about it everywhere, and I'm definitely watching it for Halloween this year. Your article was so good visually and I genuinely think your synopsis was great ! :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great article ! I am glad someone took the time to write about this fantastic movie.The nightmare before christmas is a really original movie with very interesting characters. As someone who loves celebrating Halloween and Christmas, there are some iconic movies which I always watch once a year, and the nightmare before christmas is obviously one of them. What I like about it is that I can watch it either during Halloween or during the Chritsmas holidays, it works for both periods !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad someone wrote about this movie because I juste adore it !!

    ReplyDelete