Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Andy Warhol's time capsules



Yesterday I went to the MAC (Musée d'Art Contemporain) of Marseille with my friends. There was an intriguing art exhibition of Andy Warhol « Time Capsule ».




If you have never heard of a time capsule, it is a box where you put your pictures, memories, letters, anything you would like to keep or remember of in the future. Some High schools bury time capsules of a promotion and will dig it out after 20 years at a reunion.



So, this art exhibition was on 8 of the 612 time capsules Andy Warhol made. He gathered from 1974 to 1987 objects like books, pictures, letters from relatives and friends, press, adverts. I thought it was a great way to know a little bit much about Andy Warhol's life because it was kind of a diary with intimate memories he kept till his death. During the exhibition I could go back in the 70's - 80's or what it might seem like through  those time capsules.

It is not a permanent art exhibition at the MAC so if you are interested you have until April 12 !




6 comments:

  1. That looks good, I think I am going to go there thanks to this article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were the time capsules meant to be in an exhibition ? Or did Andy Warhol made them for himself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those time capsules were "discovered" after Andy Warhol's death so we do not have any clear proof that he wanted his time capsules to be in an exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea of time capsule ! I have myself kind of something like that, a box with things that remind me of moments in my life, letters, etc... I would like to go to this exhibition !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea of time capsule ! I have myself kind of something like that, a box with things that remind me of moments in my life, letters, etc... I would like to go to this exhibition !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really awesome blog. Your blog is really useful for me.
    Buy Kratom Online Near Me

    ReplyDelete