Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Antoni Gaudì

Dear charlie,
During the holidays, I went to Barcelona. And I saw a lot of awesome things ! Including Gaudì's work. You probably heard of the Sagrada Familia (one of the last cathedral to be build and still under construction). Well he was the architect who designed it.
He was a Catalan architect from the 19th-20th centuries. His artworks are completely extravagant and most of them are located in Barcelona. 

Casa Battlò has flashy colors:             

and La Perdrera has crazy curves: 

  


Gaudì also created Park Güell, it is a really pleasant and charming place where the architecture is as much fantastic as in Gaudì's buildings. 
The architecture in Barcelona is very different from France where the buildings are rather dull. There is a lot more colors and diversity. When I first saw one of Gaudì's work, I immediately thought of Claude Ponti's books (for those of you who don't know him, he is a writer and illustrator for children book). And that is probably the reason I loved it right away. 

Sarah 

6 comments:

  1. Claude Ponti used to be my favorite author when I was a child :D
    I didn't think of the similaritis when we studied it in spanish class, but it's quite true the books and this park are pretty similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like gaudi's work, i love all theses bright colors. They really inspire me when i try to paint. Do you also like Dali ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like gaudi's work, i love all theses bright colors. They really inspire me when i try to paint. Do you also like Dali ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been in Barcelona four or five years ago , so I was young and today I don't remember all what I saw in this town... But I remember the special and great architecture of Antoni Gaudi's works! I visited the Sagrada Familia, a basilica drown up by Antoni Gaudi. There was so much people that we should wait more than two hours before visiting!

    ReplyDelete