Saturday, March 02, 2024

My summer trip to Greece

Hi Charlie,

Today I wanted to write an article about the week I spent in Greece during the summer holidays before terminale.

I went there with my whole family to celebrate my grandparents' 50th anniversary. 
First of all, we had a long journey to get to the little island of Kalymnos, near Turkey. Indeed, we started by leaving for Lyon on Friday to catch the Saturday flight for Kos, one of the multiple Greek islands. Then, we took a taxi from Kos airport to the port of Kos, this took a bit of time as we were 12 people so we needed several cars. Once there, we took a boat from Kos to Kalymnos and we finally took taxis once more from the port to our houses, it was really an exhausting day but we were excited to be there. Before going to bed, we went to the beach by night and saw fireworks, as if to welcome us. It was an amazing evening. 

For the first days of the week, we rent cars to go around the island and see all the beaches. Everyday, we actually spent most of our time swimming, going from beach to beach, because it was really hot. One day we were supposed to do canoeing but there was a strong wind so it was not possible, we were a bit disappointed I'm not gonna lie. However, what was super pratical was that there was a beautiful beach located just fifty meters next to our houses !
What I also enjoyed a lot was trying various Greek specialities. I ate a lot of pork with fries and onions, I tried fish and calamari, and I often had Greek salads which were very fresh ! But what I liked the most were the desserts: I ate many baklava and they all tasted incredibly good, like really. 

Finally, the highlight of my trip was really to be able to spend time with my whole family. Indeed, I enjoyed having one week of holidays with my cousins who live in Paris, because unfortunately I don't get to see them often. It was nice to play board games, to listen to music and sing along together... we had a lot of fun !

For the last evening we had a delicious meal in a beautiful restaurant as it had been 50 years day-to-day since my grandparents' wedding. Everyone was touched and we were able to see some pictures of their wedding day, I really liked seeing how people changed ! After the restaurant we sing my grandparents the song that we wrote for them about their life history (how they met, moved together, had children and then grandchildren...), they liked it a lot !
On Saturday it was already time to leave, everything went well except that our flight was delayed for about 2 and a half hours...

I hope you liked this article, here are some of my favourite pictures I took during this trip !
Bye :)





2 comments:

  1. Hey Léa ! This is such a cool article since you never talked about your trip to us in such beautiful details so it really made my imagination flow in these depressing times haha. I really want to go to Greece now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this interesting article ! Greece seems like such a wonderful place, and a great place to visit because of its beautiful beaches !

    ReplyDelete