Tuesday, September 15, 2020

 

Hello charlie's !

This is my first article and  I wanted to talk about 'Big Littles Lies' by Liane Moriarty, surely one of the best books I've ever read. I'm usually really annoying when it comes to read and I absolutely refuse to open a book, but this book was truly amazing. The story is mainly about three moms who struggle with their personal life. Celeste, who is a rich beautiful and successful lawyer seems to have the perfect life but is actually hit by her husband everyday. Jane who seems clumsy and lost is actually in constant fear of her past coming back. Madeline, a strong independent woman isn't as strong and fearless like people think. These three characters who instantly become friends have to pretend to be fine for the own good of their children and reputation while they manage their personal issues. Quite a lot of drama happens because of the competition between the three main characters and other moms whom are ready to do anything to prove that they have the best children, life, husband...

I think I particulary enjoyed this book because it was very realistic and touching. I could also relate to one of the main characters who is always very anxious. It also exposed me to the world which isn't perfect. I feel like anyone would enjoy reading this book. They also made a serie out of the book, I watched few episodes but I have to admit that I was quite dissapointed. The serie isn't bad, it's actually really good but they didn't focus on the characters as much as they did in the book and some things didn't quite sound right. Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon and Shailene Woodley play the main characters and act marvously and realisticly in the show and I think anyone would enjoy it. Thanks for reading my article!

















4 comments:

  1. Thank you, you made me discover this! I’ m going to read it it looks so interesting !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems really great, maybe I am going to read it or watch it !! The plot reminds me of the show "Desperate Housewifes", which I love <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your article. I really wanted to watch the series but you convinced me and I'm going to buy the book first:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been meaning to watch the series because I like the actresses playing in it. But you are right, one should definitively start with the book first. One of these days, I will....

    ReplyDelete