Monday, September 14, 2020

Hamilton


Heyyyy Charlie ! Today I’m writing my first article, incredible isn’t it ? 


Here, I will be talking about one of my favourite musicals : Hamilton. 

Indeed, my musical tastes are basically based on musicals (or musical comedies) like this.





First, a musical is a play or film in which singing and dancing are an essential part. Personally, I am more into modern musicals like Hamilton, but I’d love to watch some from the 20th century. 


So, back to Hamilton ! This is a modern stage American sung-and-raped-trough musical made by Lin-Manuel Miranda. It came out in 2013 at Vassar College, in 2015 on Broadway and in 2020 as a film on Disney +. 


The play is about Alexander Hamilton’s life, a Founding Father, sung in two acts. The story is happening in the end of the 18th century and in the beginning of the 19th.

In the first act, Alexander and the Americans are struggling for their independence with their French allies (the best ones of course lol) against British forces. 

The second act is more about politics and the construction of a new country : the United States. 





I advise you to watch this musical, the songs are beautiful and well made, the actors very talented and it’s easy to watch since there’s no moment between the songs, therefore it’s not difficult to find them and to understand everything (you can easily watch the musical on YouTube or on Disney + with subtitles).

Oh, and furthermore, this musical made me learn some things about History. Of course it is very romanticised and it’s not as useful as learning our lessons but it still helps to remember the dates and the names of the Founding Fathers :-).


I hope you enjoyed this article ! Have an amazing day (or night, or afternoon)!  Byee !!


Mélissa :D



9 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD I DIDN'T KNOW YOU KNEW HAMILTON-
    IZCDJHSHZCZIEHEECAIEG
    THIS IS SO AWESOME THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS-
    ZUVEJEVEJACEIHRE
    I WILL CHERISH THIS ARTICLE UNTIL THE END OF MY LIFE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh isn’t Elvire a fan of hamilton ? 👀 i personnaly didn’t knew it hehe shale on le but it looks great !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaat no.... totally didn't watch it twice in the last five days 0-0

      Delete
  3. HAMILTONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!
    YESSS dude finally more recognition for what I consider to be one of the best musicals out there. The lyrics are amazing, I recommend watching with subtitles, since you catch some sneaky wordplay as well! Plus, every single character is just so interesting, even the "villain". King George, Lafayette and Washington are the best characters in my very humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you, these characters are also my favourites with John Laurens. I am soooooo happy to know that you like Hamilton !!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watching a musical always makes my day sunnier. I keep hearing about this musical. I heard it was very artistic and I look forward to discovering how they've transcribed this complex part of early American history. I've got to get around to watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE musicals, and hamilton is soooo goooooooooood
    but... I would like to ask
    How do you write like you're running out of time?
    Write day and night like you're running out of time?
    Like you're running out of time

    How do you write like tomorrow won't arrive?
    How do you write like you need it to survive?
    How do you write every second you're alive?
    Every second you're alive? Every second you're aliiiiiiiiiiveee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi !
    I've heard a lot of good review about the musical Hamilton . I've already listened to some of the songs and I think that they are absolutely great(Non-Stop is my personale favorite). But I have never watched it and I think you just conviced me to do so !

    ReplyDelete