Sunday, December 01, 2019

Wattpad? But watt is that?

Hi Charlie,

Today, I wanted to present something that I like a lot and is really important for me, even though most of you probably know about it. As you could have guessed by the title, I am going to about... Wattpad!


Wattpad is a social media where the millions of members of this community can write, read and share stories. I discovered it a few years ago when I was looking for something to discover new books without having to pay. I really liked it and spent a lot of my time on it, discovering different types of stories (fantastic, fantasy, romance, fanfiction, adventure..).

The only thing I can complain about is the launch of the "Paid stories" concept a little earlier this year.


Paid stories can be seen very well by most of Wattpad writers because when they receive money, it is comforting for them to be paid when writing stories in their free time, but this is not how I see it. For me, Wattpad has always been a place where we could freely share and discover new things. Only now, a lot of writers are making their stories Paid stories, and that's why I think Wattpad changed a lot.
However, there is still quite a lot of content available for free, and they are trying to do something which could allow us to earn one coin per ad watched. This shows that they're trying to keep Wattapd a bit like it used to be.

Still, I am not telling you not to go on Wattpad because it is a wonderful place where you can find wonderful sorties and wonderful people. A place which has fulfilled me many times.

So, the only thing I would like to add is...


5 comments:

  1. (should we talk about the fanfics and the BTS and one direction constant romantic ships ?
    no ?
    ok.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh yeah I heard a lot about wattpad. I think it’s very interesting and funny, anyone can write their own stories and share with other people, which I find amazing ! It’s true that finding paid stories in a social media like this is quite unfortunate but if it can help people to gain money with their passion it’s great. Anyway, I can understand the nostalgia when we see something we like changing ^^*.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I discovered wattpad I was happy to see apps like this existing! I read so much books there, staying awake late just because I wanted to finish a story was like a lifestyle to me. Sadly since there's a lot of ads I almost never open the app but I hope people are still enjoying it and are able to express their creativity!

    ReplyDelete