Friday, September 20, 2024

Why you NEED to watch Friends

 Hi Charlie ! Today I'm writing about my favorite TV show of all time : Friends. This article is for those who haven't watched it to convince you to do it and for those who already watch it to convince you to watch it again. For those who watch it, use unagi because there are a lot of references! 


To start, Friends is a TV show about six friends of thirty years old and all their sentimental adventures. The main characters are all related to each other and have their own special personality, so you have a hundred percent chance to recognize yourself through one or many of them. Let's meet them from the right to the left. 

To start we have Chandler Bing (played by Matthew Perry. Rest in peace). He is desperate for love and he makes jokes when he is uncomfortable. Then Rachel Green (played by Jennifer Anniston). She was a rich girl and decided to quit everything (because she didn't want to be a shoe but a hat). Now let's meet Ross Geller or doctor monkey (played by David Shwimzer). He is a paleontologist and loves dinosaurs but no one listens to him. He is divorced and has a terrible love life. Monica Geller (played by Courteney Cox), Ross's sister, is a cook. She is a perfectionist and loves to clean everything all the time. Joey Tribianni (played by Matt Leblanc) is the very attractive friend and loves to eat. He is an actor and cares a lot about all of his friends and family. And finally Phoebe Buffay is played by Lisa Kuddrow. She had a hard childhood but keeps smiling. She believes in spirits, ghosts and power, she is a musician and likes smelly cats.   

You need to watch Friends not only for the characters. This TV show is also very funny with iconic lines you'll never forget. There are hilarious jokes all the time and for all ages. You can watch it with your family, your friends and even alone. In Friends you will follow crazy adventures with love, fun, all sorts of animals and you will go through all emotions. It's a comfort show, there are episodes for when you're sad, happy, need to laugh or just when you are bored. The story is unbelievable and you'll want to binge watch it! 

Friends has an amazing cast I wrote about earlier but also has special guests! During the show you'll meet Brad Pitt, Julia Robert, Robin Williams and much more. 

If you're a fan of the 90's just go for it I promise you'll not be disappointed. 



8 comments:

  1. Hi ! What a great work you did ! To me who (haven't watched the series so you must hate me) have all the difficulties to remember who is who, and what they do, you made it really clear. Now I (almost) know their characteristics, thanks a lot ! I find the idea of the series pretty interesting and like how all episodes seem to be different from the others.
    (One day I promise I will watch it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ! It's a very good synopsis that you did. In my opinion, I found your article very simple to understand because you explain in a few words the characters and your general recommendation.
    I really liked the picture where we can see almost every iconic lines. Your recommendation really makes me want to rewatch the TV show again. It's very interesting !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to confess that I never saw a single minute of Friends in my whole life, wich is often a surprise for everyone. It looks very cool, actually, and I really know that I should. I just... never do it, don't know why. But I promise you that I will, Siloe, because I want to and this article just strengthen my desire ! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also not watched Friends before but based on your synopsis and your description of the characters it definitely sounds like something I'd love ! These iconic lines sound really funny out of context. I will definitely watch it ! Great job on the blog post and thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ! I personnaly started to watch Friends a long time ago but I thing that I've never finish it because it's a very long TV show with so many episods but now I really want to start again watching it. I agree with you that it is extremely funny and you can only have a good time watching that TV show ! Thank you and well done for your article !

    ReplyDelete
  6. ive watched FIVE MINUTES of the first episode long ago and quit because the laughing audience track was too cringey for me. if i had watched it when i was younger, i would have tolerated such backtrack because it was frequently used back then! but i love seeing tv shows that my friends recommend so ill gladly give it another go! and the way you describe phoebe makes me really like her already, thank u siloé!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i will ignore the god forsaken laughing track in the back for you Siloé, because it really does seem like a good series, and all the characters' differences gives them unique personalities, I'm assuming it IS iconic for a reason, thank you for writing thiss!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yesssss this is like a really funny TV show and speaking about Chandler made me want to watch it again, then I remembered the SO IRRITATING backgrounds laughs but it has been my comfort TV show too for a long time and i won't forget it. thank you for making such a great article on such a great show!!

    ReplyDelete