Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Childhood movies I believe deserve more recognizition

Hello, Alicia writing! Today I will share some movies from my childhood that hold a special place in my heart and I think need more recognition since I think it's crazy that such a small amount of people know them. Aka, this is me trying to convince everyone who will take the time to read my blog to watch 3 movies I love and watch over and over my whole childhood! >:) Let's begin!!!

1- The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty by Ben Stiller

To open the list let me present to you the simple and dull Walter Mitty who, in a try to escape his simple and dull life, lets his imagination and impulsive thoughts take him on a crazy, a bit surrealist and action-packed adventure. It is a self-discovery movie so that's kinda all you need to know about the plot hehe.

Now, what makes this movie awesome? Well, I think the narrative might be one of the strongest points. Throughout the movie we see multiple scenes where the reality of the moment is mixed with what is happening inside of Walter's imagination and what he wished was happening, accompanied by some epic music and great acting. It is a pleasure to see. 

The writing of the characters is also a strong point, the character's presentation and development and the way they relate to each other and build their relationships is fun to see and feels realistic and relatable all while leaving the window open to imagine more things about them and their future.  

AND the movie has David Bowies's songs, what else could make it perfect? Ah yes, photography. I think it is worth watching it at least to enjoy every well planned and beautifully executed scene. 

2- The Chronicles of Spiderwick by Mark Waters

Now, I believe this movie is a little bi more known but at least during my childhood I was the only one who had seen it, so I will still present it.  

It is one of the most iconic fantasy movies I've seen. I have no idea how faithful it is to the books since I haven't had the chance to read them, but at least it is a good movie. 

We follow 2 brothers and their sister whose lives change suddenly after the divorce of their parents and them moving to the country house of their grandmother. There, Jared, the protagonist, discovers a book filled with annotations of the secret life and forms of life that share this world with us. From that moment on the adventure begins...

As most of the fantasy movies you'll find out there the premise is pretty simple but enjoyable. But what I thinks makes this movies so unique is the fact that the creatures shown and the way they are added in the so

3- Hugo by Martin Scorsese 

This movie is probably the one with the most famous casting from my list so I hope more people will be able to recognize it. 

In this movie we follow Hugo, an orphan who lives in a train station in which he discovers a automaton that happens to be his father's old experiment. While he struggles to find the key to make it work we see the stories of the different and ethereal characters of the train station develop and discover fascinating things about them. 

Like the opening movie of my list the characters of this movie and the photography are what make it so special. I don't really know how to describe it but if you watch the movie you'll know what I refer to with the fact that they're all just so beautifully written you just melt at seeing them and aaaaahhh!!!!

It also happens to be one with one of the best soundtracks on this list, no surprise since it is made by Howard Shore, the same guy who did the soundtrack of Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit franchise! Fun fact, Cristopher Lee appears in the movie, aka you get to see Saruman the White as a librarian, which is obviously awesome because who doesn't love to see Cristopher Lee on the screen? 

Words cannot describe how beautiful and unique this movie is. Every  time I watch it it feels like entering a dream again and discovering the magic of it! Like aaaaahhh!!

Anyways, I have to end the blog now but know that I WILL come back with more movies recommendations that hopefully someone will watch! 

Have a good day! 🐈


No comments:

Post a Comment