Monday, December 04, 2023

Drawing is good for your brain ?

 Why is drawing good for your brain?



Hello Charlie,


Drawing is my favorite hobby (and maybe one of your favorite hobbies too). I even draw or doodle during some of my school classes as well because it helps me concentrate. But when I’m at home, I feel like I’m transported to another world which I find very fun and extremely relaxing. BUT DID YOU KNOW THAT DRAWING IS VERY GOOD FOR YOUR BRAIN?

A professor of neuroscience named Christianne Strang,  at the University of Alabama Birmingham said "Creativity in and of itself is important for remaining healthy, remaining connected to yourself and connected to the world. "


The first reason why drawing is good for your brain is that it relieves stress

When you draw, you take a break from distressing thoughts by focusing your attention on something calming. It provides a way to ground yourself and get peace from racing thoughts. Apparently, it’s because when you draw, you control what is being created and also when you create something, your body releases dopamine which activates the reward censor of our brain. This sense of accomplishment helps release a big part of the stress you are feeling


Another reason why drawing is very beneficial for our health is because it enhances our creativity. Developing creativity helps our brain to process and create new ideas and improves our problem-solving skills ( which is very useful in our daily lives). 


Personally, I think these are the main 2 reasons but there are many more such as it promotes mindfulness, improves your communication skills and your memory, observation skills……


Well, that’s the end of my little ( somewhat ) scientific article. I hope you enjoyed it and thank you for reading!

Anoushay





4 comments:

  1. Very interesting article, even though I am not someone that draws very much, I sometimes asked myself that question and you gave me the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this very interesting article ! I have to admit that I'm not a big drawing fan (mainly because I don't know how to draw) but what you explain really makes sense and it makes me want to improve my drawing skills !

    ReplyDelete
  3. heyyy, i had no idea that drawing was actually good for your brain! I knew that it was very relaxing to some people (me included sometimes) but I didn't know about its effect on the brain so that's really interesting! I feel like music has the same effect on me that drawing has on you

    ReplyDelete
  4. The article is very interesting as I too have never known about these positive effects on the brain. I used to draw a lot more before but not so much now, I may try to pick that up again!

    ReplyDelete