Sunday, September 13, 2020

your next movie to watch

 

Hi Charlie ! Do you know the movie « To The Bone » ? I talked about it briefly in class the other day but maybe you are not in my class and even if you are, today I am going into the details. Let's begin !

I guess you know more or less what anorexia is, people talk a lot about it these days in the medias, but like for all psychiatric diseases there are SO MANY prejudices that make me cringe each time. Well To The Bone is a Netflix (but you can find it easily elsewhere) drama movie directed by Marti Noxon, with Lily Collins, Alex Sharp and Keanu Reeves among many other great actors on the story of a 20 year old young woman suffering from anorexia who enters a patient program. You see the character(Ellen)'s battle with the disease, the highs and the lows that come with it in a very realistic way. I wanted to share it with you because I saw it recently and it moved me a lot. The actors are incredible, Lily Collins had a tough time with anorexia so she played her character in such a way that you really understand how this disease works and the nightmare the people suffering from it go through, so it helps breaking the idea that it is not a real disease, that it is just people loving being skinny.

Well i hope I have convinced you to watch it (GO WATCH IT NOOOOOOOOOOW … oh no wait do your litterature homework first )

have a nice day:)

Anouk


10 comments:

  1. I saw the "netflix" hashtag and I was like : "Ouch, this one is not for me" but I am glad it is available elsewhere because it seems really interesting, and the fact that the main actress actually knows what anorexia feels make me want to watch it even more ! Thanks for the article <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I’m not the only one not having Netflix 😂 tell me what you thought about it if you see it 😊

      Delete
  2. Hi! I've heard of this film before, I think, like I'm pretty sure but not that much idk if you understand, anyway.
    In about 10 lines you made me want to watch the movie!
    It's sad that there are SO many prejudices about eating disorders, like people should be like "let's help this person" instead of saying "she just wants attention ughh".
    Eating disorders are such a nightmare.
    I'm glad this movie can help to break wrong ideas about anorexia.
    Thank you for making this article but not thank you for making me want to watch it, like, I have homework Anouk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooooh that’s so nice !!!!!!!
      Yes yes go do your homework but then watch it 😂

      Delete
  3. hey! i saw this movie this movie yesterday as i was scrolling on netflix ( the scrolling part was longer than the movie i ended up watching of course:) ) but i didn't watch it and now i regret ( i'm probably going to watch it tonight )so thanks for the recommendation <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As mr Leah would say that’s a BIG coincidence 😂😂😂

      Delete
    2. Scrolling for 10hours : my whole life

      Delete
  4. It seems great! I'll probably watch it thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Anouk, this seems to be a film worth watching. Anorexia or other eating disorders can be seen as taboo with the guilt and shame thatsadly often go with it and it's good to shed light on it so that those suffering from it are not afraid to speak up and seek help. Btw, as a rule, I'd say watch great movies, read awesome books and do your work in literature. They go hand in hand, the first feedind into the other and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anouk. To The Bone is soo great!! Thank you for writing an article about this movie. If you have other recommendations (since you apparently have great taste in cinema), my ears are open!

    ReplyDelete