Tuesday, September 15, 2020

The Hobbit

 Hey charlies ! 


Im typing here to talk about The Hobbit (written by J.R.R Tolkien). You may know this book indirectly, as it is the prelude to The lord of the rings. 

It is a book that I found very descriptive, especially on details about the landscapes and the countrysides they cross, - the first chapter is basically a very long description of the platonic lifestyle and house of the main character, The Hobbit. 

It narrates the journey of Bilbo the Hobbit and thirteen dwarves, all sent by Gandalf the wizard in order to confiscate a treasure to Smaug the dragon, who stole it many years ago to dwarves. They come across many enemies (but also Friends) on their adventure, like giant spiders, or evil trolls. The band even got captured by gobelins, and Bilbo (the Hobbit) managed to meet Gollum and steal his ring, who can make anyone invisible. 





The book it self written in a very fantastic and "fairytale" style, and even if im not the biggest fan of reading or very fantastic styled stories, i managed to read all of it without wanting to stop my lecture halfway through. 

I also recommend this book because its a decent size for people who dont like to read a lot and it has a (very) long suite for people who enjoy reading. It even has its own movie dedicated to it, so you can check it out if you liked it.

Thanks for reading :)

9 comments:

  1. Hi! I loved your article:) I was obsessed with The Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit when i was a kid ( I still am I just don't act like I'm an elf all the time now;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *plays fantasy set tabletop rpgs and basically is make-believe but with rules*
      HOW DARE YOU REJECT YOUR OWN ELVEN KIN ?
      *whips around and vanishes into the woods*

      Delete
  2. I agree with you, you just gotta love Tolkien. I find the universe and lore he created truly fascinating. The films are great but the books definitely beat them in my opinion. I have read the Lord of the Rings numerous times (including the somewhat tedious, lengthy and very decriptive first 100 pages) at different ages and in different languages. I tend to prefer it to the Hobbit but it's an excellent book too. As a girl I identified with Eowyn and Bilbo ( I'm afraid elves are out of my league and I have a few definite Hobbit traits in terms of habits and physical features) As head of Section, I think I alternate between Gandalf, Galadriel, Gollum and Sauron. Would you agree with this assessment? What about you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tolkien's books are truly amazing. For some that might be eager to learn/understand more about the world he created, I'd recommend this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxgsxaFWWHQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to talk with jacques, you'll bound over Lord of the rings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to see someone writing about The Hobbit because I LOVE IT! The atmosphere, the world created and the characters are absolutely amazing AND intriguing. I also love watching the films because sometimes I feel the need to escape from our world and it helps me a lot about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is fantstic. I'm happy someone finaly wrote something about it. A brilliant article, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never know the difference between the Hobbit and lord of the rings ! I watched all of the movies both the Hobbit and Lor , I only watched them because Jacques was forcing me to (thx btw) and because I ABSOLUTELY ADORE Cate blanchett and Ian McKellen , and I don't regret it , it's really brilliant .

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is actually one of my favorite books ever. Literally, everything in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit books and movies is fascinating, the universe is so well-described and detailled. I'm glad someone posted an article about it.

    ReplyDelete