Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Kürtőskalács IS DELICIOUS





Hi Charlie, today I wanted to write about one of my favorite things: FOOD 😋

But not any type of food, today I will make you discover a very good Hungarian dessert that I myself discovered when I lived in Budapest. It's called Kürtőskalács (you can also call it Chimney Cake but there is no fun in that).    
Image result for Kürtőskalács

It's basically dough that you wrap around a cylinder in a swirly way that you roll in sugar and/or cinnamon; then you bake it. The baking process is hard to explain we will use the help of pictures. 
They are delicious and you MUST enjoy them warm.

Image result for Kürtőskalács



I used to eat them a lot in winter. We could find them on Christmas markets but since my arrival in Marseille... I was never able to eat one of these delicious desserts. 





But not too long ago, my family found a place in Marseille that actually makes some! It's called Twist Avenue and it's at the beginning of Rue de la République. They are very good and it was a very nostalgic experience for me. 
Image result for Kürtőskalács



14 comments:

  1. Yes. I can confirm. We went to this place together yesterday with Martha. And it was probably the most delicious thing ever (+ it’s not so expensive) so I truly do recommend this place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want to go to this place so bad, thank you Balthazar :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried it in Budapest's subway, absolutely delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. They seem delicious, you can be sure I'll go to this place to taste one !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *hungarian ex-OIB pops out of nowhere* I ADORE KURTOSKALACS AND I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT TIME I CAN EAT SOME *disappears in a puff a smoke, probably on an epic quest for kurtoskalacs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks cool and I didn't know it existed. I do understand that it made you nostalgic to eat some; food can bring back memories, strong appeal to your senses!
    Ps: J.A.N made me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  9. A tasty article which has made me hung(a)ry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean hung(H)ar(r)y(Potter) Mr.Leah ?

      Delete
    2. That was intense to read. I should write an essay about how vividly Mr. Leah and Yann can make memorable (or just bad) jokes!

      Delete
  10. I don't know if I will be able to eat something I struggle to spell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kürtőskalács are soooooo good, great news that you can find some in Marseille , I noted the place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this look sooooo good , I've seen this pastry trend on social media and I've been dying to try it .Now I know a place to do son! Thanks a lot !!!:)

    ReplyDelete