Wednesday, February 28, 2018

At the mountain

Warning: I posted this article because Violette can't, but she wrote everything by herself

Hello hello,
As I am at the mountain skiing, I'd like to share with you the beauty of what nature has done.
The ski resort in which I am this week is called Val d'Isère, it is in the North Alpes.
The other day, we were at the top of a chair lift and we could see the huge mountains surrounding us. Everything was plain white. Because it was very cold, there were little ice particles which looked like glitters or small diamonds flying in the air. (I'm afraid we can't see that on the pictures) It was probably the most beautiful landscape I've ever seen, at the mountain at least. It was magical. We were in a fairy land.

Yesterday, we were skiing off track and all I could see was the white mountains and a few rocks. It felt like we were the only one on the world at that moment. The sun was shining (I hope I got a bit of a tan) and I had the impression I wasn't skiing but flying over the powdered snow which was fantastic.
As not everything can go perfectly, yesterday afternoon it was so cold that my friends and I's feet (and actually whole body) were literally frozen which is not a particularly good feeling. Anyway, a hot shower, a good tea and a little nap and everything is perfect again!



5 comments:

  1. The landscape is trully amazing ! I hope you’ve had a great time there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures but naughty you for going off-piste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skiing is my passion too! I’ve never come to Val d’Isère but it seems to be great! The first picture with all the mountains is amazing.. and this feeling of lying when you ski is just awesome!!😋😋

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful landscape ! This is just splendid.
    I go skiing in Alps too, and I totally agree with you. I have the impression I'm all alone in the world, so I just enjoy the moment, lost in a white desert, breathing the frozen but pure mountain air.
    Sometimes I love making pause and watching all around me, and sometimes I love sprinting on a red piste x)
    Hot chocolate and a nutella crepe at the end of the day are nice too :p

    ReplyDelete