Saturday, April 01, 2017

Hey Charlie!
It's my first article and I wanted to talk you about a finnish movie I saw recently and it's named The Other Side of Hope.
The director Aki Kaurismäki is very well known in Finland and it is his eighteenth movie for which he won the Silver Bear in Berlin this year. I had already seen two or three movie by him and this one is from far my favourite. 
It tells the story of two characters, Khaled and Wikström. The first one is Syrian refugee that arrived in Finland not on purpose and the other is a seller of shirt that leaves his wife and job to open a restaurant. Their stories at a point will mix.
I really liked this movie because even if it tells about a serious subject such as the war Syria and the refugees that are refused of asylum anywhere it is still very funny. 
I really advise everyone to see it 
Bye bye 
Tamara

 

7 comments:

  1. hey! i really want to see the movie now :P do you know where i an find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just watched the trailer and it seems very good!!! It sounds both funny and moving. I'll watch it when I can! thank youu

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story is interesting as well as the mix of languages! I might watch it during holidays ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just seen your article and the film you're presenting seems very interresting, I'll try to see it when I can! (it seems you didn't specify the year it was released even if I guess it is quite recent, and indeed after some investigations I found it was came out on the 3 February 2017 for thoses who might be interested!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing about new movies, this one is on my list ! Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will probably watch this movie tonight, it seems really interesting because it mentions important and serious subjects but is still funny. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks very interesting, I think you made me wanna watch it ! I like finnish movies but I haven't seen this one yet.
    If you like horror movies, I advise you to watch a movie called Lake Bodom if you haven't watch it yet.
    It's a very cool finnish movie, enjoy !

    ReplyDelete