Saturday, March 14, 2015

Fasting Feasting soundtrack



Dear Charlie,

As you know  Desai is great at writing VIVID* scenes for her readers. She uses many tools to do so, one of them being cultural and in particular musical references.
You may not  know  all the songs which are mentioned.
So,  here you go just in case...

Colonel Bogey's march  ( at Uma's wedding)

The Donkey Serenade ( at the Christmas bazaar) 

My darling Clementine  (at the Christmas bazaar) 


Rudolf the rednose reindeer  ( at the Christmas bazaar) 

Away in a manger ( at the Christmas bazaar) 


While on You tube I  also ran across  a trailer by students on Fasting Feasting which I thought might make you smile



Enjoy!
Mrs. C.

ps; This proves once again if it was necessay that working for the IGCSE can be LOTS OF fun!! ;p

4 comments:

  1. The trailer video was a very creative idea! They did actually did a really good job creating it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only one thing to say about the VIVID scenes that Desai creates : I am glad I don't have to read them anymore :p
    Otherwise, it's nice to have put all this music featured in the book, I personally had no idea what the music was when I read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahaha, I love the trailer, it is really funny, and I think it will help me remember things for the IGCSE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the last video! It reminds me of old souvenirs and it isn't even that far away... As Quentin rightly said, it is funny to see this but I don't think I will get to read this "action" novel haha ;)

    ReplyDelete