Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Looking for Alaska- John Green



Hello everyone !
In this article I'm going to present one of my favourite books (yayyy). Its name is "Looking for Alaska" by John Green. Yes, John Green, the one who wrote that wonderful book called "The Fault in our Stars". If you read The Fault in our Stars, you probably know that John Green has a really nice sense of humour, is really fond of weird love stories and likes tragedies that will make us cry at the end of the book. Well, Looking for Alaska is a really  a "John kind" book ( if you see what I mean)
The book is about a teenager, Miles, who feels like he did not live his life until now. He decides to study in a well known boarding school. He meets Alaska Young (the Alaska of the title) and starts to have feelings for her. Alaska likes him, she thinks he's cute but she has a boyfriend. He makes many friends and together they're going to do crazy things that will drive the head master of the school insane.



Alaska is a really mysterious character, she is unpredictable,  incredibly clever and tortured inside her mind.

This book is really worth the read ! 

Unfortunately, I won't be able to lend it to any of the OIB people because I have it in french ( I didn't have the choice ok don't blame me) and I think our teachers will kill me if I let other students read in french some books from english speaking authors (but we really like you, dear teachers from the OIB section)

Thanks for reading my article ! comment it if you want, but if you don't want to, don't do it, be reckless.

-Anissa

4 comments:

  1. I also read this book (in french uh uh...) and I really loved it too ! I was very surprised by the YouKnowWhat thing x) It is very touching !

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone is interested in reading it in English, I can lend it to anyone !
    Anissa, if you liked Looking For Alaska, you should read Paper Towns which is the best book John Green wrote

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, could you lend this book to me ? if you have it ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I'll bring it to you on Monday

      Delete