Monday, December 01, 2014

Step Into Christmas!

Dear Charlie,
Well, Christmas is approaching, and traditionally Advent begins today (I'm sure some of you opened your Advent calendar for the first time today). In Britain, the fight to be Christmas n°1 in the pop charts is hotting up too, so I thought I'd share some of my favourite Christmas tunes with you, and you may even get one for every day of the Advent calendar! Many great creations came into the world in the early 1970s, including some of the best pop Christmas songs (more later in the month), so I'm suggesting we "Step Into Christmas" with Elton John, who as always is very soberly dressed. If you're wondering why he shows you his Watford AFC membership card, he was chairman of that football club at the time, and they flourished while he was in charge. This song strangely only reached N°24 in the charts, apparently, for my very first Christmas. So, here goes. "Step Into Christmas"!
Mr Leah

6 comments:

  1. I don't know, I don't like all these artists who, when Christmas approaches, make a song, not for fun, no, just to have even more money, because they already have some fame (a lot here u.u) and they know people will buy it, just because of the name written on the CD.. It's like these great musicians that are getting old and have spent most of their money, and a new album is released, which is not representative of their talent AT ALL, but people, just because the artist is well known, buy it, to say that they have bought one's last album or something..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the Chipmunks are beyond reproach, though.

      Delete
    2. I agree with you, but you made it seem like every Xmas song made by an already well known artist is just for money. That's not true - most Xmas songs, I admit, are for business. But some are for pleasure, and they're the ones I have on my mobile in my December playlist, because. They. Are. The. Best. Songs. Ever. (at least for this period of the year, I don't know, I don't listen to them in summer. OK, I do, and then I start asking when is December coming because it's my favorite month of the year and I am told I am crazy for wanting the cold.)

      Delete
    3. I don't completely agree with you, Marie. I think you are being a bit too general. In my opinion, some of these artists that write songs when Christmas is coming or other particular occasion sometimes just set rules through which they want to express their feelings. And that music is not all about the artist but also the experience that he has with his public,it's meant to bring everyone together, sharing emotions we have in common. But you're right to raise the fact that they are taking advantage of the time of the year and sometimes using this issue for their own interest.

      Delete
  2. Yeeeeeh it's already christmas season ( my favorite season by the way) I really love the christmas-y atmosphere,songs, decorations, the cold weather (even if we don't have snow in marseille) and food (n°1 hot chocolate with marshmallows ❤_❤)
    And I just noticed I'm the only one not talking about music here but no prob...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glimmery step into Christmas!

    ReplyDelete