Sunday, September 13, 2020

Tenet, when future and past are mixed up


Hi Charlie,

I hope you’ll enjoy my first article given that I’m new in the OIB section, and for today, I’d like to talk you about the movie I saw at the cinema last week : Tenet


This action and science-fiction movie is about a spy that discovered a new type of arm that could actually destroy the world : reversed chronology. Some scientist will show him different weapons vestiges of a FUTURE world war 3! But how can it be possible?

Some explanations : For example, a reversed bullet is a bullet that come back in the gun because he has already been shot in the future, because the bullet is going from the future to the past, from our point of view. But from its point of view, he moves forward normaly and so our world is reversed. That’s how these vestiges came from the future to us, the present. Here the car comes from the future, that's why at the beginning it is crashed.



You don't understand? Neither do I.

So the spy has to find the producer of this type of bullet, because if he can do that, he could for example reverse a bomb, that will not annihilate the world in the future, but in the past, and do much more damages.

He will finally meet the producer’s wife and will be helped by Neil (Robert Pattinson).



Really watch this movie, it is really good, there are a lot of revelations, the history is complex just as I like, but I will not hide you that I did not understand everything in the second part of the movie, because we see the Protagonist in the futur AND in the past AT THE SAME TIME!

If you have already seen and enjoyed Inception, then you will appreciate even more this movie, realised by one of the best filmmaker ever : Cristopher Nolan (Dark Knight , Interstellar, Dunkerque).

I know we envisage talking about this movie at the cinema club in October, this article is here to give you a forestate so you decide to watch it or not at the cinema.

Love you (and love Robert Pattinson)

Valeria

 

 


5 comments:

  1. Hi! I really liked your article and I can't wait to go out and see this movie. Are you going to be in the movie club?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted you liked it! Yes, I allow to take part in the movie club

      Delete
  2. Good job ! I plan on watching this movie for quite a long time ago, being a fan of Nolan's films :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like a fascinating movie, which is why I'm not surprised it's been proposed for the cinema club. Considering the relationship between time, cause and effect is not only philosophically interesting, it also creates opportunity for great fiction (films and books). I'll spare you this time book recommendations, unless you're asking for them. In which case, I'll be more than happy to oblige....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me want to watch this movie so much, I hope I'll be able to understand it anyway, thanks!

    ReplyDelete