Wednesday, November 25, 2015

"The butterfly effect"

Hi charlie!

So for my first article on this blog, I wanted to talk about a film that made a huge impression on me : "the butterfly effect". I don't know if you've already seen it, but you definitely should. And as my article will surely convince you to go watch it -how vain-, I won't spoil any of you and tell the synopsis of it  -I'm such a nice person, I know-. So I'm just going to tell roughly what is it about because if I don't,  I will probably have to write about how good was the weather these past days. -it was ironic, since we could almost freeze right at the moment when the air touched us- Anyway. The main theme of this movie is the consequences that are made by each one of our choices even the simplest ones. It basically means, for example, if one day you have a test and before to go to school you don't eat because you're already late, then you'll be easily tired and then as you couldn't think well, you'll fail your exam though you went over and over the subject. So the point of this lovely short story is : don't party all night child, have a good night sleep instead.
More seriously, the real thing, is that we don't always think about the consequences of our actions when we get caught up in the moment of doing it though we clearly should. And that what this movie is about. During all of it, the main character, Evan Treborn, thanks to a sort of superpower, go back in time to change some details of his life. He will use this capacity several times to avoid the tragedies that he and his friends lived in the past. Though he had only good intentions,  he will quickly realize that everything that come out of it will also be modified and not really the way he expected to, it was actually worst.
I don't know about you, but after watching it, my mind was a total mess. First of all, I had to watch it twice to really understand the movie because, due to the way it setted, the story is quite difficult to follow. Then, when I completly understood it, a lot of questions came into my mind; if someone actually had this capacity, will this theory be revealed as real? do the choices that we make when we have good intentions are always revealed to have good consequences? if we knew what is going to happen, will we act the same as we didn't? if we knew that something bad is going to happen to us if we make a particular choice with good intentions towards a person, will we going to make it anyway and take the risk to "sacrifice" ourselves? and what if someone actually went back in time to when the dinosaurs were still alive, and accidentally change something and that is what caused their extinguishment? I could continue over and over but if I do, I probably won't finish until next week. So I'm going to end this article to let you troubled by all these weird questions. How cruel. Sorryyy.

I hope that my article wasn't borring that much, and that I make you want to watch this film or even re-watch it though I didn't really explain it.

Have a great evening little charlies, byyyye. xx

Rebecca

3 comments:

  1. I watched this movie I think a lot of time when I was younger. There is a scene where a friend of the main character burn a dog... Am I wrong ?
    If I'm not, this film is really good, strange and a little bit scary (I was younger OK ? I was scared lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently a story called "A Sound of Thunder" by the great Ray Bradbury had a big effect on this film, and Evan even has a pennant with the word "Bradbury" in his room. It sounds very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete