Friday, September 05, 2014

Here we go again!

Dear Charlie,
Just in case, you haven't been paying attention, here are the books we'll be working on this year with the OIB students to prepare the IGCSE and OIB bacc exams.




OIB 2de.


  •  Songs of Ourselves, collected poems (Poetry)
  • The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde (Drama)
  • Fasting, feasting by Anita Desai (Prose fiction)






OIB 1ere



  • Regeneration by Pat Barker (Prose fiction)
  • Saint Joan by George Bernard Shaw (Drama)
  • A passage to India (Synoptic topic: Postcolonialism)
  • Collected Poems (part 1) by John Donne. (Poetry)

Of course, that's not all there will be.
 Within our coursework, our projects and interaction with our partners and within the book club; we will also discover other texts during the year. I can't wait!




6 comments:

  1. Seems to be a pretty interesting program ! Just a question: are we going to do drama in class (apart from the drama club I mean) ?
    I'm sorry to the one who wrote this post but I think there is a quite big mistake: it's Wilde not Wylde! I'm sure it's only a typing mistake I don't blame you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Well done Paloma. Thanks for spotting this typing mistake. I've just corrected it. Err.. it shows that you should always proof-read carefully what you write and publish ;-p
    What do you mean by "do drama"? You are going to study Wilde's play with Mr. Leah. Otherwise, there is indeed the drama club to fool around.
    Best, Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked so much "The Importance of Being Earnest" that I'm surely going to read other books from Oscar Wilde during the holidays. It seems I have discovered one of my favourite writers !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wilde is one the most interesting writers I had the opportunity to discover this year (I had pleasant surprises thanks to the book reviews), even if I read The Picture of Dorian Gray long ago, I hadn't spend much time on his work and life, which is almost as interesting as his books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved Oscar Wilde's book, "The Importance of Being Earnest"; Oscar Wilde seems to be an interesting writer, thanks to Mr Leah which made us discover Oscar Wilde's amazing life!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Oscar Wilde's book, "The Important of Being Earnest"! I think it's also interesting to find some links between his plays, and his real life. Now, I want to read other books by Oscar Wilde. The other books also look very interesting!

    ReplyDelete